According to the American Society for Clinical Oncology, healthcare providers should offer fertility preservation to patients prior to cancer treatment. Sperm, egg, and embryo freezing are standard practice and wildly available.
*1 Fertility Preservation for patients with cancer: ASCO clinical practice guideline update. Oktay, et al. J Clin Oncol. 2018.
For urgent appointments, please have your patient call 206.301.5000.
Fertility Preservation Options
- Egg Freezing
- If a patient is on birth control pills, please continue until their initial visit with us.
- We will schedule an initial consultation with a physician in 1-2 days.
- We can now start patients on stimulation medication any time in their cycle if needed.
- The entire process can take as little as 14 days to complete.
- Relatively high dose stimulation is used to maximize egg yield.
- Letrozole is used to maintain low estrogen levels in the setting of hormonally sensitive tumors.
Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Hereditary Cancer
Ovarian Tissue Freezing
In Vitro Maturation
- There should be no barriers to sperm banking.
- Sperm can be collected any time after puberty.
- Sperm can be banked every 24 hours.
- Initial consultation with a provider is not required.
Testicular Sperm Aspiration and Freezing
After Cancer Treatment
Cancer survivors may be at higher risk for future infertility and may benefit from a consultation at SRM to discuss fertility preservation and family planning goals.
We offer expedited, compassionate care at a discounted rate for sperm, egg or embryo freezing prior to cancer treatment. As a participating center of Livestrong’s Fertility Program, we are working together to increase access to fertility preservation services to patients with cancer. To apply or for more information, please visit Livestrong Fertility Program.
Alliance for Fertility Preservation